Time: 10:00am for a 10:15am start.
There will be a Lucky Door Prize of Dinner for 2 at The Waterfront Cafe, Church Point.
A BBQ and Drinks will follow the AGM in Catherine Park, provided to the community by SIRA.
The Ordinary Business of the meeting will be:
- To confirm the Minutes of the previous Annual General Meeting
- To receive the Annual Report of the Association during the preceding year
- Updates from Subcommittees and Working Groups (see Annual Report above)
- Update regarding the Ausgrid Energy Reliability Project and NBN Installation
- Motions by notice and from the floor (please see motions and explanatory notes linked below).
Motions by Notice:
- That the “SIRA Climate Statement” be adopted by the association.
- That the Membership Qualifications in the constitution of SIRA be; “Membership of the association shall be open to any natural person aged 18 years or more who is either or both of the following:(a) A full or part time resident of Scotland Island;(b) An owner of land on Scotland Island, either solely or jointly with any other person or persons. If the owner is a corporation, then only one nominated person for that property may be admitted as a member.If a member becomes ineligible to be a member by reason of their ceasing to be a resident of Scotland Island, then the committee by ordinary resolution may grant that person full member status for the period through to and until the next annual general meeting.”
- That the new constitution entitled “Constitution of the Scotland Island Residents’ Association Incorporated” be adopted by the association and that the former constitution dated 2011 no longer apply. (Please read here for an explanation of the changes described in this new constitution.)
. . 6. To elect Ordinary Committee Members and Officer Bearers of the Association (please nominate here prior to the day before the AGM)
If you have a motion, please forward it (with the name of a Seconder) to the meeting’s returning officer via the IT Manager at: IT@sira.org.au
Nominations for SIRA Committee
Please consider nominating to become a member or an office bearer of the SIRA Committee. Your contribution will make a real difference. SIRA coordinates or oversees some of the essential services on the island, such as the emergency water supply, the management of the Community Hall and the Community Vehicle. Without input from community members, these services could not be offered.
Job descriptions for office bearers can be found in this Discussion Paper. If you would like to talk to a current committee member about what is involved, please email one of us. We are all very approachable and welcome inquiries.
Colin Haskell – email@example.com
Sharon Kinnison – firstname.lastname@example.org
Boyd Attewell – email@example.com
Shane O’Neill – firstname.lastname@example.org
Nominations must be received online before 11:59pm on Saturday the 16th of November, 2019. If there are roles left unfilled, then nominations are accepted (requires a seconder) from the floor during the meeting.