CALL 0404 103 700
To provide residents with practical, aged or disability and emergency transport and to reduce the necessity to operate private vehicles, thus lessening traffic and minimising further wear and tear of Island roads.
How it works
- Volunteers give their time for a 24-hour duty period, so it is not a taxi service.
- The vehicle holds a maximum of 4 passengers – shopping, light goods, luggage must be carried in rear utility.
- Animals may only be carried in the rear utility.
- Securely packaged garbage may only be carried in the rear utility.
- During wet weather the service may be suspended due to road conditions.
Transport charges (new fare structure July 1, 2021)
- Fares are to be paid in cash at time of pick up
- Normal fare $15.00 per trip
- Concession fare of $10.00 per tripavailable to registered applicants (see Concession fares below)
- Cheques and credit cards are not accepted and no credit is available
- $50 and $100 notes are not accepted
Regular service hours are from 9am to 7pm, Monday to Saturday (no service on Sunday).
- Advance notice of bookings is required and must be a minimum of 30 minutes (no on-demand pickups).
- $15 per trip or $10 for concession holders
‘Shoulder period’ service hours are from 8am to 9am and 7pm to 8pm, Monday to Saturday (no service on Sunday).
- Bookings between 8 am and 9 am mustbe requested the previous day by 6 pm.
- Bookings between 7 pm and 8 pm mustbe requested by 6 pm.
- Shoulder period fare $20 per trip, $15 for concession holders.
Concession fare procedures changes (from 1 August 2021)
- Registered concession holders will continue to receive a discount of $5 off all Community Vehicle trips.
- From 1st August 2021 concession holders will be required to pay the full fare to the driver.
- Easylink will reimburse $5 for each eligible trip to concession holder’s bank account at the end of each month.
- This process will be managed via the drivers log book which is used to record the details of all community vehicle trips*.
- Existing concession holders will be contacted by Easylink to facilitate implementation of this change.
Please note that the recording of passenger names along with the details of the pick-up and set-down addresses is mandated by Transport for NSW under the funding agreement with Easylink. Easylink may in turn be required provide these personal details to Transport for NSW under the funding agreement.
24-hour emergency transport is free of charge to residents and/or emergency services personnel.
Invalid/ Disabled & Aged service
- Concession fare is available to residents with current mobility parking scheme card or who are over 75 years of age
- Application form must be completed and submitted with proof of concession (available from driver)
- Wheelchairs can be transported in the rear utility compartment
Children must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
Transportation of goods
The vehicle does not carry furniture, whitegoods, building materials, etc. unless small in size and quantity. Good must not overhang the tray and must fit under the tonneau cover using its stretchy cord as a tie down. The driver is not required to lift heavy items and reserves the right to refuse to carry such goods and materials and may refer you to an island commercial carrier.
The service is supported by funding from Transport for NSW, through Easylink Community Services who lease the vehicle from Northern Beaches Council.
To read the charter of the Community Vehicle Service Group click here.