At the AGM this Sunday (10 am in the Fire Shed) the SIRA Committee will review the year and nominations for the new committee will be dealt with. Or join using the Zoom Meeting link
Due to Covid, there are four restrictions to the event.
1. You will need to check in using the QR code to the Service NSW app.
2. Only fully vaccinated people are allowed to attend (unless you are under 16 and accompanied by a fully vaccinated adult)
3. Masks are still required indoors (for anyone over the age of 12). We will have masks on hand.
4. We are limited to a certain number of people indoors based on density limits of 1 person per 2 square metres. Seating will be extended outside the Fireshed.
After the meeting there will be a BBQ in Catherine Park, with sausages, including vegetarian options, salad and rolls. The Two Catherines café will stay open so you can buy coffee, tea and cakes there.
Not coming to the meeting – but you’d still like to know what SIRA has done this year?
The AGM document files give you three options to catch up:
- · The full official annual report
- · An abbreviated report
- · A 5-minute movie that runs through all SIRA’s key activities and concerns this year.
Bush Fire Support
Announcement from Northern Beaches Council about a fine fuel collection Council fine fuel collection information
Residents of Scotland Island
To help reduce the risk of bushfire and ember attacks, Council is organising another fine fuel collection.
Fine fuel collection – 6 December 2021 (not on your 2021 Waste & Recycling calendar)
Fine fuel includes leaves, twigs and bark that can easily catch fire and only these materials will be collected. Fine fuels are less than the diameter of your little finger.
Please note other vegetation will not be collected as part of the fine fuel collection.
- Only Council supplied fine fuel bags will be collected.
What do you need to do?
- 1. A fine fuel bag supplied by Council (one bag ONLY per household) will be available on Sunday 21 November 2021 arranged via the Scotland Island Residents’ Association.
- 2. Clear your roof and rake up all the fine fuel around your house and tip it into the fine fuel bag.
- 3. Place your bag on the road reserve outside your property for collection leaving a 3m gap in the road reserve or fire trail to allow for emergency access.
When is it happening?
Bag collection starts from 8am on Monday 6 December 2021. Have your bags ready from 8am otherwise they will not be collected.
Contractor carrying out the fine fuel collection
Taylor’d Marine Services
Who can I ask for more information?
Scotland Island Residents Association Cass Gye on 0418 220 107, firstname.lastname@example.org
Bushfire preparation, visit http://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au