Community Hall and Events.
The Community Hall is still closed due to covd 19 restrictions and NorthernBeaches Council I nstructions. We will open as soon as we have permission to do so, with all the health requirements being met.
Please check government websites for latest Covid-19 restrictions and allowances. This page on the Northern Beach Council website is a good place to start. https://www.northernbeaches.nsw.gov.au/covid-19
NBN cable has apparently now been laid to Scotland Island. All connections to homes were originally expected to be completed by end of July. We are hopeful that this will now be by the end of August.
Stay tuned for further NBN updates.
You will have received Council’s advice that completion of the board walk will now commence following the plan that was approved however the repositioning of the ferry wharf has been delayed due to Maritime Services issues which still need to be resolved.
SIRA will seek further assistance from State and Federal Gov, Rob Stokes and Jason Falinsky to keep this project moving.
Due to Covid-19, SIRA’s Recreation Club has had to cancel a number of events in the Hall including Table Tennis every Thursday and Saturday. We hope to be back soon.
The Festival of Making will be held in November – See poster below.
Roads and Drainage
Maintenance work has been carried out on certain sections of roads on the island, most recently in Florence Terrace and the road to the top of the island. Further work is planned.
Plans for capital works for 1020/1921 are being finalized and should be implemented in June/July. These target road section where drainage has been an on-going issue. These include Cecil Street along Richard Road and the section above the park connecting Kevin Avenue to Robertson Road.
The traffic management plan and registration of unregistered motorized vehicles has been delayed by Covid-19. A fact sheet and timetable, once approved, will be sent out to residents. If all goes well first inspections could begin towards early August.
SIRA had a meeting with Council in January. We raised issues on extra Green Waste Pick Ups and Mulching services through the year, rather than having only two, as is the case now. The corona virus has delayed further discussions but these are expected to recommence soon.
There has been discussion about the redesigning of skips at wharves to prevent building materials placed in them.
We still await final plans to be agreed with the working group for Bells and Carols wharf upgrades. Alec Beckett (leader of Wharves sub-committee) along with SIRA are trying hard to get final plans and starting/completion dates.
Council have agreed that further work to improve the park are required and this is being followed up by SIRA.
Next SIRA committee meeting is due to take place on Sunday 29th June, 10am – 12 noon, venue to be decided.
We are planning to open our Coffee Club (The 2 Catherines Cafe – more info below) on Sunday mornings in June when restrictions on numbers are lifted. I l look forward to seeing you then to catch up.