Power outage announcement
Just in case you missed the notification hand delivered by Ausgrid yesterday, there will be a power outage on 20 April.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we upgrade the electricity network for homes and businesses within your area. Temporary interruption to your electricity supply is critical for improving grid reliability, connecting new customers and keeping economic activity continuing in NSW. We understand the added inconvenience caused by COVID-19, especially as more people work from home. That’s why we are doing everything we can to reduce the length of the interruption during this difficult period. We may need access to your meter board to allow for testing but you do not need to be home to provide this access. We apologise for the inconvenience and we thank you for your patience while we complete this critical work. The interruption to your power supply is needed for: Trimming trees within danger zone to electricity network and potential fire risk
Details of planned outage
Start: 7:30am on 20 Apr 2022
Finish: 3:30pm on 20 Apr 2022
Duration: 8 hours
*Our aim is to minimise disruption caused during the work, however, unforeseen circumstances or weather
Reference number for this outage: NECF61735
Contact For more information about the outage, please contact Ausgrid on: • 131 365 (9:00am – 4:30pm Monday to Friday) • 131 388 (after hours) • www.ausgrid.com.au/plannedoutages
We recommend you take some basic precautions before and during the interruption:
- Ensure mobile devices are fully charged.
- Unplug or switch off appliances or sensitive electronic equipment including water pumps and three phase motors associated with air conditioning units and lifts.
- Make sure that any alarms operate correctly without mains power.
- Avoid opening fridges or freezers during the interruption.
- You do not need to switch off or adjust any solar installation.
- For further information on appropriate food storage refer to: www.foodauthority.nsw.gov.au/consumer/keeping-foodsafe/flood-fire-power-cut-emergiences
Ausgrid is permitted to interrupt the supply of electricity in accordance with the applicable laws. This notice has been prepared to comply with Rules 89 and 90 of the National Energy Retail Rules, section 52 of the NSW Electricity Supply Act and clause 10 of Ausgrid’s Deemed Standard Connection Contract. Enquiries about planned interruptions should be made to Ausgrid on the above numbers, not your energy retailer.