.#EEeeEmergency Water System Update
SIRA is continuously working on improving access to water delivery for the Community.
New Pressure assisted pumps were installed late April 2021 due to mains pressure no longer being enough to push water to some households around and over the Island.
These new pumps are delivering an average flow rate of 5,000 litres per hour to all water lines and locations, resulting in a significant reduction in water booking times. As a result, there is now more available time for bookings. This now allows us to take the next step and implement improvements to the water booking system (App)
It looks much the same so what has changed?
When making a booking
- · Your Water Booking will no longer be restricted to the days previously allocated to your line each week.
- · This means you can make a water booking on any day of the week at the next availability that suits you. No more waiting for the days of the week allocated to your line.
- · This makes available to everyone any unbooked time which was previously allocated to other lines and couldn’t be booked by a different line user.
· Water Lines 1, 2 and 3 now available for bookings 7 days a week.
- · When you receive your booking confirmation you will still see the booking before and after you on your line however, they may not be directly before or after you. Another line could be in use at that time, so you still need to walk your line to check connections and valves to ensure water arrives at your property.
- · You will also now be able to change your booking up to 24 hours before it starts. Look for the extra Change button when you access your booking. This means if you are not going to be here to take water or if you have collected rainwater recently you can change your booking. This releases available time for someone else in need.
- · With the increased flow rate during the Pump operational hours (Pump hours are 7.00am to 10.00pm weekdays & 8.00am to 10.00pm weekends) Clearly the best time to make a water booking is during these times.
- · If you are not able to book during the Pump operational hours you can still make a longer overnight booking from 10.00pm if required, but water supply will only be available at the mains pressure provided at the time. Depending on your location this can affect the water flow rate significantly.
- · More information on the additional features and improvements in the booking system (App) click on the link below: https://sira.org.au/resources/Documents/Updated%20SIRA%20Water%20App.pdf
The updated booking system (app) will be live from Monday 4th October 2021
- · Access to the new app is via the usual website https://sira.org.au
Additional Payment options
- · The payment screens have also been updated offering additional new payment options for your convenience:
- · For those familiar with digital wallets, we can now accept payments from Apple Pay
or Google Pay.
- · You can pay with most debit cards and credit cards, now including MasterCard, Visa, American Express, JCB, China Union, etc.
- · For your convenience you can continue to pre-authorise payment of an invoice with your card details stored securely with Stripe.
To assist other emergency water users, when you make your next water booking during Pump hours consider how long you really need to book, remembering that a 3-hour booking can deliver approx. 15,000 litres. This will help reduce wasted water delivery time that could be booked by another user.
If you have any questions or concerns do not hesitate to contact your Water Manager or Monitors below.
Water Manager: Cass Gye email@example.com Ph: 0418 220 107
Line 1 Water Monitor: Nikki Gibson firstname.lastname@example.org Ph: 0425 227 792
Line 2, Line 3 Water Monitor: Ian Laughton-Smith email@example.com Ph: 0404 833 674
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!