The provision of Emergency Non-potable Water is an essential service that SIRA provides to the community and comes with some risk. SIRA members share joint responsibility for the waterline and water bookings will only be accepted from SIRA members who complete and sign the Agreement for Sale of Non-Potable Water
To become a current SIRA member and sign the agreement online or download paper click the button below:
|1||Bell, via Carol’s,|
Eastern to Pathilda Reserve
|Nikki Gibson (on leave from 14 September to 4 October 2017 – Contact Nadine during this period)|
|2||Bell, via Cargo, Tennis to|
|3||Bell, via Top of|
Island to Kevin Street
Contact details Water Monitors
[connections enable_search=FALSE enable_category_select=FALSE id=”59″ str_cell_phone=’Mobile’ str_school_addr=’Location’ str_home_phone=’Phone’ str_personal_email=’E-mail’ color=’#719430′]
[connections enable_search=FALSE enable_category_select=FALSE id=”60″ str_cell_phone=’Mobile’ str_school_addr=’Location’ str_home_phone=’Phone’ str_personal_email=’E-mail’ color=’#719430′]
[connections enable_search=FALSE enable_category_select=FALSE id=”212″ str_cell_phone=’Mobile’ str_school_addr=’Location’ str_home_phone=’Phone’ str_personal_email=’E-mail’ color=’#719430′]
How to book
- Before booking: complete or renew a SIRA Membership Form and sign an Agreement for Sale of Non-potable Water
- To become a member, go to sira.org.au and complete the membership application. In the Emergency Non-potable Water section of the form, click the link and complete the Agreement for Sale of Non-potable Water online.
- To sign the Agreement for Sale of Non-potable Water, there are two options:
a) Online: Follow this link and fill out and submit the agreement online.
b) Paper-based: Download and print the paper Agreement for Sale of Non-potable Water. Complete, sign and return to your water monitor directly or post it to P.O. Box 70, Church Point.
- Book in advance: Do not wait until your tank is low or empty!
- Cancellations: a minimum 24-hours cancellation notice is required or booking fee of $10 will be charged, plus any water metered during booking period
- Telephone your monitor between 8 am and 8 pm only, with the following information:
- Your name, address and telephone number
- Your tank capacity in litres
- Your preferred booking time and number of hours required
- Ask for the name and telephone number of bookings before and after your booking and make contact to confirm handover
- Phone to confirm booking 24 hours before allocated time and check any booking changes
How to get water
- Take meter readings at start and finish of booking from correct line meter. If these meter readings are not taken, then readings reported by other bookings must be accepted.
- Close off the main line valve past your standpipe to block water and maximise flow into your tank.
- Turn on your standpipe valve and check that water is flowing into your tank. Allow at least 15 – 20 minutes for line to charge in some areas.
- If there is no flow, walk the main line and check all valves to locate any problems or leaks.
- Important: any problems or leaks turn off the main line valve at Bell and advise monitor
- Check collection regularly as water metered during booking period is your responsibility.
- When your booking is completed turn off your standpipe valve, open up main line valve, disconnect your fitting and take final reading at Bell from the correct meter.
- Advise meter readings to your monitor within 24 hours to calculate litres and charge.
Location of water meters
- First time users should locate and walk their line prior to booking – ask your neighbour!
- Lines 1, 2 and 3 are individually metered and are located on platform under cage at the top of Bell Wharf steps
- Main line valves are positioned on either side of platform and identified by numbered white reflector posts. Lines 1 and 3 towards Carol’s Wharf to the left of platform and Line 2 towards Cargo Wharf to the right of steps
How to connect
A complying connection to all main line standpipes is required as follows:
- 1 x 40mm (1½ inch) poly BSP female fitting (nut & tail) plus male fitting (barbed tail)
- 1 x meter braided clear polyurethane flexible pipe (food grade)
- 2 x stainless steel clamps for each end
- 1 x plug to keep the pipe clean and prevent the washer from falling out of ‘nut & tail’
- flexible pipe for a clear view of water flow, more easily managed attachment to and from standpipe and reduced strain on standpipe when turning valve on and off
- individual fittings to connect to your existing pipe system, as required
- recommended: upgrade the existing pipe to your tank to 40mm to maximise flow
For connection to be assembled ready for use call Cass Gye, or obtain fittings from: Gainforts Plumbing and Electrical, Darley Street, Mona Vale.
- If you are having problems, reset all valves and turn off Main Line valve at Bell
- Ring your monitor immediately to notify any problems, breaks or leaks
- Contact the next booking to advise water is turned off
Note: Repairs to the Main Line or standpipes will be actioned as soon as possible after inspection.
Remember you are responsible!
- If water is lost for any reason during booking period, check your flow.
- If you finish early make contact with next person or turn off Main Line valve at Bell
- When booking is finished, reset all valves to make line ready for next booking
- Disconnect fitting from your standpipe immediately after booking
- Ensure connections to standpipes comply as described
Charges and conditions
- S.I.R.A. water charge: $5 per 1,000 litres
- Booking fee: $10 per booking
- Payment advice will be sent by email – receipts available upon request
- Payment must be received within 7 days
- Late fee of $10 applies to overdue payments
- Outstanding accounts: bookings will not be accepted and/or pre-payment will be required
- Cancellations: a minimum 24 hours cancellation notice is required or booking fee of $10 will be charged, plus any water metered during booking period
How to pay
- By internet transfer: Scotland Island Residents’ Association BSB 112879 Account 421828033, identify with Name & Line No
- By cheque: made payable to Scotland Island Residents’ Association; mailed to P O Box 70, Church Point
- By cash: to be made by arrangement with your monitor: DO NOT SEND CASH BY MAIL
Monitors work hard to keep you happy. Your understanding, civility and prompt payment is appreciated.
Monitors reserve the right to refuse bookings to any resident who is uncooperative and/or abusive
Any resident found ‘taxing’ the water line will be ‘tagged’ as a problem source on that line.