Council consent is NOT required to:
- Remove a declared noxious weed or tree listed in the exempt species table.
- Prune a tree by up to 10% of the foliage area within a period of not less than 12 months since any prior pruning.
- Remove any tree harbouring fruit fly or grown for its edible fruit.
Council consent IS required to:
- Prune a tree by greater than 10% of the foliage area.
- Remove any tree not otherwise listed in the exempt species table.
- Substantially alter the soil level around the trunk or within three (3) meters of the trunk of a tree.
Council MAY give consent to remove a tree where:
- A tree is diseased or dying.
- A tree is causing, or is likely to cause substantial property damage (to houses building etc).
- A tree is significantly misshapen or causing substantial overshadowing.
- Assessment will be made on the removal of a tree/trees following the submission of a Tree Removal Application Form.
Consent will generally NOT be given when:
- A tree is shedding leaves, fruit or bark and this is considered a natural process.
- A tree is causing minor damage to property, eg driveways.
- The objective is to improve a view.
- There are unsubstantiated fears about large trees.
- A tree is causing minor shading.
- A tree is causing blockage to pipes.
Click here to add your own text