An emergency water supply is available for residents to top-up water tanks during times of drought, or when water cannot or has not been collected.
BOOKING LIMITS MAY BE NECESSARY DURING DROUGHT.
How to book
- Before booking complete the Sale of Water Agreement and SIRA Membership form.
- Book in advance; do not wait until your tank is low or empty.
- Telephone your water monitor between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. only, with the following information:
- Your name, address and telephone number.
- Your tank capacity in litres .
- Your preferred booking time and number of hours required.
- Ask for the name and telephone number of bookings before and after yours and make contact to confirm handover.
- Phone to confirm booking 24 hours before allocated time and check any booking changes.
Please provide a minimum of 24 hours notice for cancellations or a booking fee of $10.00 will be charged, plus any water metered during your booking period.
Meters and valves
Please familiarise yourself with the locatuon of the meters and valves — first time users should locate and walk their line prior to booking — ask your neighbour to walk with you!
- Lines 1, 2 and 3 are individually metered and are located on platform under cage at the top of Bell Wharf steps.
- Main Line valves are positioned on either side of platform and identified by numbered white reflector posts. Lines 1 and 3 towards Carol’s Wharf to the left of platform and Line 2 towards Cargo Wharf to the right of steps.
How to connect
A complying connection to all main line standpipes is required as follows:
- 1 x 40mm (1½ inch) poly BSP female fitting (nut & tail) and male fitting (barbed tail).
- 1 x meter braided clear polyurethane flexible pipe (food grade).
- 2 x stainless steel clamps for each end.
- 1 x plug keeps pipe clean and prevents washer from falling out of “nut & tail”
- Flexible pipe gives clear view of water flow, makes attachment to and from standpipe easier to manage and reduces strain on standpipe when turning valve on and off.
- Individual fittings to connect to your existing pipe system, as required.
- We recommend that you upgrade your existing pipe to your tank to 40mm to maximise flow.
For connection to be assembled ready for use call Gass Gye or fittings can be purchased from: The Water Warehouse firstname.lastname@example.org; Gainforts, Mona Vale.
How to get water
- Take meter readings at start and finish of booking from correct line meter. If these meter readings are not taken, then readings reported by other bookings must be accepted.
- Close off the Main Line valve past your standpipe to block water and maximise flow into your tank.
- Turn on your standpipe valve and check that water is flowing into your tank. Allow at least 15 — 20 minutes for line to charge in some areas, and sometimes longer if it is coming up a hill.
- If there is no flow, walk the main line and check all valves to locate any problems or leaks.
- Important: any problems or leaks turn off the main line valve at Bell and advise Monitor.
- Check collection regularly as water metered during booking period is your responsibility.
- When your booking is completed turn off your standpipe valve, open up the main line valve past your standpipe, disconnect your fitting and take final reading at Bell from the correct meter.
- Advise meter readings to your Monitor within 24 hours to calculate litres and charge.
- If you are having problems, reset all valves and turn off main line valve at Bell.
- Ring your monitor immediately to notify any problems, breaks or leaks.
- Contact the next booking to advise water is turned off.
Note: Repairs to the main line or standpipes will be actioned as soon as possible after inspection.
You are responsible:
- If water is lost for any reason during booking period — check your flow regularly.
- If you finish early, make contact with next person OR turn off main line valve at Bell.
- When booking is finished reset all valves to make line ready for next booking.
- Disconnect fitting to your standpipe immediately after booking.
- Connections to standpipes are non-permanent and must comply as described.
- Please remember — monitors work hard to keep you happy! Your understanding, civility and prompt payment is greatly appreciated.
- Monitors reserve the right to refuse bookings to any person who is uncooperative and/or abusive.
- Any person found “taxing” the water line will have their property “tagged” as a problem source and made known to others on that line.