SIRA Committee Meeting
Sunday, January 22
10:00 am - 12:30 pm
Coffee/tea station open prior to and throughout the meeting (no prescribed coffee/tea break).
|Agenda Items||Time (minutes)||Finish Time|
Standard Matters (SIRAC Business) – Chair: Hubert van Mierlo
2) Casual Vacancies for Committee
a) Donation to SIRFB
b) Party Houses
5) Emergency Water
6) Church Point
a) Update on Aesthetics Advisory Group
7) Confirmation of focus groups and agreed process for communication
8) Open questions and issues raised by any SIRA Member
Questions first taken that have been submitted prior to the meeting
a) Emergency Water Increase
b) Arrangement of new car park levels
Questions from the floor
9) Working Group Focus
Golf Buggies on the Island (All members welcome) – Chair: Jane Rich
· Currently buggies and quad bikes cannot receive a conditional licence. This means in case of an accident, a driver is not covered by third party insurance.
· Parking. At Tennis, pathway to Catherine Park, grass verges and beach is being damaged. At Cargo, it is making a mockery of the traffic management plan
· Unlicensed and under-age drivers
· Abandoned and unroadworthy buggies
· Council to move stormwater pipes etc and clean up parking area below Fire Brigade HQ on Robertson Rd.
· A Code of Conduct. All buggy owners and quad bike drivers to be asked for input so that this convenient, user-friendly means of transport can continue to operate on the island making life easier for young families, seniors and the disabled, carting shopping etc. and giving lifts to friends as often as possible.
The CoC could include the following:
· Investigate if an insurance scheme is possible, if insurance companies would be willing to provide third-party liability insurance to CoC participants.
· Continue to press for conditional registration through available channels, eg Northern Beaches Council, State Government and Service NSW.
· Drivers should hold a motor vehicle licence.
· Environmental awareness which means not driving or parking on public parks and grass verges.
· Limited parking at Tennis to be set aside for disabled drivers and mothers and carers with young children. Others should park vehicles horizontally on Robertson Rd below Fire Brigade HQ.
· Possibility of pick-up point for shopping etc
- 2016 12 SIRA Accounts (29.4 KiB)
- 2017 01 SIRA Treasurer's Report On December Accounts (15.3 KiB)
- SIRA Advice To NSWRFS 2017 (80.0 KiB)
- SIRA Committee Meeting Minutes, 22 01 2017 (30.4 KiB)
- SIRA Letter To NSW RFS Donations Fund (64.6 KiB)
The SIRA Committee meets every 6 weeks. During the meeting a wide variety of subjects are discussed, from association management to community issues, events and programs. The SIRA Committee meetings are open to the public for observation. At the end of the meeting there is a Questions and Answers session, where community members are able to ask the committee questions.
For more about SIRA, read more here
Previous meeting agendas and minutes can be found here:iCal
2017 01 SIRA Treasurer's report on December accounts(2).docx
|Date:||January 20, 2017|